Our school aims to create an atmosphere of freedom and love within the spirit of Gospel, cultivate students to have a balanced development, so that students can develop their potentials, take the initiative to learn, have their wisdom enhanced, have correct values and positive life attitudes.
1. To focus on moral, intellectual, physical, social, aesthetic and religious education to implement a balanced education for whole person development
2. To provide a happy and positive learning environment to nurture students’ initiative to take charge of their learning, preparing them for their further education and career development
3. To offer life education to cultivate students’ competence in independent and critical thinking so as to foster correct values and attitudes
4. To provide well-rounded extra-curricular activities to fully develop students’ potential and nurture their sense of responsibility while encouraging the service to the community
5. To create an atmosphere of caring and mutual respect and promote the spirit of loving and helping one another in order to enable students to grow physically and mentally
Our Beliefs in Education:
1. We believe each student can and should be educated. With a caring and loving environment, proper guidance and encouragement, students strive to improve themselves.
2. We value the uniqueness of each student who has unique potential and talent.
3. We strive to enrich development and learning experience in and beyond classroom so as to enable students to excel to the fullest potential.
4. We value both process and learning outcomes of education.
5. We believe the essence of education is ‘life influences life’. We promote genuine relationships between teachers and students.
6. We believe education should be aimed at preparing students to learn how to learn, not merely deal with examinations.
Directions of the School Development:
I. Cultivation of religious faith
1. To guide students to understand the spirit of the Gospel and the values of Catholicity, so as to provide them with one more/ a different perspective for consideration when making decisions.
2. To foster students’ spiritual exploration through the permeation of Catholic faith and prayers in their lives, so as to enable them to live out the words of prayers in lives filled with vitality and love.
3. To guide students to reflect upon their experiences, success and failure, so as to empower them to find hope in optimism and develop a positive and motivating life.
II. Students’Personal Growth
1. To help students to understand, accept, and appreciate themselves leading to a wholesome character.
2. To help shape students’ future paths and set a goal of life ahead.
3. To encourage students to broaden their horizons, explore different values & cultures and be able to make rational decisions.
4. To equip students with life skills who dare face challenges and are able to solve problems effectively / optimistically.
5. To cultivate students’ minds of compassionate, loving and caring attitudes.
6. To encourage students’ active participation in recreational activities and develop their physical fitness.
7. To stimulate students' broad spectrum of interests and provide them with opportunities leading to the appreciation of art and aesthetics
III. Students’Social Growth
1. To help students develop self-discipline and personal responsibility as well as appreciate its importance.
2. To educate students the importance of interpersonal skills and skills in collaboration and communication.
3. To develop students’ abilities and constructive attitude conducive to discussions.
4. To enhance students’ abilities in problem-solving, develop leaderships by promoting and coordinating activities.
5. To inculcate in students the spirit of team work and at the same time, respect the uniqueness of an individual.
6. To strengthen students’ sense of belonging to our school.
7. To guide students to extend love from self to family, community and serving others.
8. To teach students to appreciate the history, culture and social systems of Hong Kong and China in addition to the development.
9. To help raise students’ awareness of global affairs and appreciate various problems encountered by humans.
10. To ascertain students’ identity of citizenship and recognize the rights and responsibilities of a citizen.
IV. Students’Intellectual Growth
1. To provide a multidisciplinary and liberal education in response to the social needs.
2. To cater for students’ diverse learning needs through a whole school approach so as to create success in learning.
3. To nurture skills and abilities in self-learning.
4. To cultivate a zeal in learning and a serious learning atmosphere.
5. To help students acquire competence in language skills.
6. To develop students’ abilities in analysis, organization and reasoning so as to enable them to think independently and identify right and wrong.
7. To guide students to receive knowledge of the world, make better use of resources and obtain information so as to adapt to social changes.
V. School Environment
1.1 To streamline the school management and administrative process so as to increase the school’s effectiveness.
1.2 To provide teachers with communication opportunities with the school management boards so that they can better cooperate and contribute to the implementation of school policies.
1.3 To encourage collaboration in lesson preparation and professional exchange amongst teachers so as to build up team spirit and carry out the vision and mission of our school accordingly
1.4 To develop teachers’ potentials and interests so as to maximize teaching effectiveness.
1.5 To strive to create a harmonious and resourceful environment with a hope to support teachers in every aspect.
1.6 To make efforts to improve school facilities and environment in response to students’ actual needs
1.7 To review and update teaching materials and aids continually so as to ensure students obtain new information and increase learning effectiveness.
1.8 To strengthen collaboration and communication amongst the school, parents, alumnae and the community so as to create a mutual effect on education.
2. Teachers’ Professional Development
2.1 To place emphasis on teachers’ professional ethics so as to ensure they demonstrate a good example to students.
2.2 To advocate a commitment to continual/ career-long learning and professional development.
2.3 To encourage teachers to employ pertinent teaching methodologies for students.
2.4 To create a unifying and supportive working environment.
2.5 To encourage teachers to develop harmonious relationships with students.