Home Organization Text

Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

 
 
 
The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary was founded by the first bishop of the Diocese of Jiangmen James Edward Walsh, MM in 1936 and soon arrived Hong Kong in 1954.
 
The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary aims to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and serve the needy in society. The work of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary includes the running of elderly homes, child care centres, kindergartens and a secondary school. The two elderly homes are located in Mount Davis and Pak Tin. The two kindergarten-cum-child care centres are located in Sau Mau Ping and Wong Tai Sin. Another kindergarten is located in Choi Ha Estate. Kit Sam Lam Bing Yim Secondary School is located in Lok Fu. In addition, the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary provides pastoral care services in hospitals and promotes the spirit of the Gospel to the community.
 
The education mission of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is to proclaim the Gospel and to spread the love of Jesus Christ. To foster the Catholic spirit, Ethics and Religious Studies and Religion and InSpirEd Team have been set up in the secondary school so that the truth about God and about the meaning of life can always be encouraged and kept alive. Also all aspects of human life and interpersonal relationship may be bound together in perfect harmony due to love.